I tried this recipe using essential oils because it's raining outside and I'm bored. I will have to admit, I didn't think I would like it. But, I have to admit, it is really good! So, I decided to take my bored Saturday, try out a few recipes using essential oils and, well, see for yourself!
Skinny Dill Vegetable Dip (doTERRA Essential Oils)
- 1 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt to taste
- 3 drops dill essential oil (Gritman Dill Essential Oil)
- Mix together
Enjoy with chips, pita bread or veggies! This dip is very high in protein, low in fat and has the benefits of dill. These include an anti-inflammatory substance, which means that it can protect you against arthritis. Furthermore, it can reduce excess gas.
Now, this next one is AWESOME! Again, it is from doTERRA, but what can I say? They have some great recipes!
Mini Pumpkin Pies Using Essential Oils: Cinnamon, Ginger, and Clove
Servings: 12 mini pies, Prep Time: 15 min., Cook Time: 45 min., Difficulty: Easy
2 cups pureed pumpkin
1 large egg
1/4 cup egg whites
1/2 cup milk of choice
3 tsp melted butter or coconut oil
1/3 cup brown sugar or honey
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 drops Clove essential oil
2 drops Ginger essential oil
3 drops Cinnamon essential oil
1 uncooked pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take pie crust and cut out circles to fit inside a greased muffin tin. Don't roll the dough out too thin or else the pie will fall apart after it's cooked.
3. In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth.
4. Evenly divide the pie filling into pie crust.
5. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until crust lightly browns and when a toothpick inserted into the pies comes out clean.
6. Let sit for 10 minutes, or until cool. Gently remove from pan and refrigerate.
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 drops lime essential oil (Try Rocky Mountain Lime Essential Oil)
- 1 drop cilantro essential oil (Try Eden Botanicals Organic Cilantro Essential Oil)
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Mix together the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, black beans, and corn.
- Stir in lime juice and essential oils.
- Add garlic salt to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I hope you enjoyed these three wonderful, fulfilling recipes as much as I did. It turned out to be a great Saturday afternoon and my kids think I did something amazing! Please share your cooking ideas with essential oils. I would love to try them as well!