ZAQ has done it again! They have quietly introduced a line of organic essential oils. One of these had me quite intrigued and I had to learn more about it. ZAQ's Vetiver Organic Essential Oil isn't one I had heard about before. I was eager to try it and I loved the fact it was from the organic line of essential oils.
First of all, what is vetiver? Technically, it is a perennial bunchgrass of the Poaceae family, native to India which also includes lemongrass and citronella. Vetiver is a fast-growing perennial that can survive up to 50 years or more, with a large, interlinked root system that can grow 12 feet into the soil! It is steam distilled from the plant’s root, giving it a warm, woodsy scent that has been used for its fragrance since ancient times. Vetiver is even used in high-end perfumes and is known to have a slow evaporation rate. In fact, I found out it is used in my very favorite perfume, one that I get from my daughter every Christmas, Opium, by Yves Saint Laurent. I love it already!
There are many ways to enjoy vetiver. People all over the world already do and may not even know it. Vetiver is also known as “Khus” or “Khus-Khus” and it is extensively used in the food and beverage industry as well as in soaps and shampoos. It is very popular as an essential oil, too.
Besides being Vetiver effective as an aromatherapy, vetiver is known for its medicinal purposes as well. Here are some things it can help with:
- Reduces Inflammation - Because of the soothing and cooling qualities of vetiver, it can provide relief for the circulatory and nervous system.
- Prevent Bacteria Infection - In hot and humid climates, bacteria can grow very quickly and sepsis can set into an open wound. Applying the oil will stop the growth of Staphylococcus Aureus.
- Acts As a Tonic - Vetiver essential oil keeps the metabolic system in order, rejuvenates the body, gives strength and boosts immune function.
- Relieves Insomnia - Use your diffuser at night with vetiver to sedate nervousness, anxiety, and stress.
- Turn on your diffuser during the day to relieve dry skin, muscle soreness, and irritability.
- Massage - Add 3-5 drops of vetiver essential oil with equal parts of ZAQ's Gold Jojoba Oil for a wonderful massage oil.
I hope you enjoy ZAQ's new Vetiver Organic Essential Oil. In Sri Lanka and India, vetiver essential oil is called “the oil of tranquility.” There is a reason for this. It is because it is calming, relaxing and cooling. It is even used in meditation. I think once you try it, you will really enjoy all it has to offer. Let me know what you think!