The hustle and bustle of December can be overwhelming. There are office parties, school musicals, holiday shopping, tree trimming and so many extra demands on our time, that we can begin to feel stressed. December should be a time of enjoyment, reflection and family, and it can be if we remember to take time and do something good for us.
Meditation is an ancient remedy for stress. In fact, some of the earliest written records of meditation come from the Hindu traditions of Vedantism around 1500 BC. Fast forward to modern history, today meditation focuses less on spiritual growth and more on stress reduction, relaxation and self-improvement. Introducing essential oils with meditation helps stimulate the senses, promote relaxation, and create a climate for focusing.
There are certain essential oils that are considered better than others for meditation purposes. Here are some suggestions and the reasons why you may want to try these for your meditation purposes:
- ZAQ's Organic Sandalwood Essential Oil. Sandalwood oil is very helpful in healing, especially emotional/spiritual wounds. It opens the heart and helps to promote trust and break up negative thoughts during meditation. It is also a hypotensive which can help lower your blood pressure so you can also physically relax.
- ZAQ's Organic Clary Sage Essential Oil. Clary Sage can clear the room of any negative energies that can influence and distract the mind from focusing. Clary sage is also an antidepressant so it can help lift your mood. It is grounding and restores both balance and energy.
- ZAQ's Organic Sacred Frankincense Essential Oil. Besides being one of the gifts from the Three Kings, Frankincense oil is believed to help you increase your faith and connection with spirit. It can help reduce pain and inflammation, relieve stress, and clear your nasal passages. It is a great oil to incorporate into your meditation for the health of your mind, body, and spirit.
- ZAQ's Organic Vetiver Essential Oil. If your mind has a tendency to wander and lose focus, Vetiver can help you stay on track during meditation. This oil is good for grounding.
- ZAQ's Organic Ylang Ylang Essential Oil. Ylang Ylang is an extremely calming and relaxing oil. It can help release feelings of anger and tension when used during meditation.
Remember, too, it is important to always find time for meditation, even if it is only a few minutes per day. Even though it can be hard to not only start a meditation routine but to focus enough to get all the amazing benefits. December is the perfect time to commit to meditation and take care of yourself. Enjoy the wonderful season but slow down, relax and meditate!